SUMMARY: Install all types and sizes of glass, including plate glass, safety glass, insulated glass of all kinds and thicknesses into windows, storefronts, curtain walls, etc. as required. Cut glass to size or use precut glass. Cut, fit and install windows, storefronts, curtain walls, panels, etc. as required and fasten into building conditions in a correct manner. Must have the ability to operate standard mechanical and non-power tools and the ability to correctly read a tape measure. Perform site clean-up as necessary to keep neat and safe working conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS including but not limited to:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the glass and glazing industry
- Basic understanding of glass, storefront, curtain wall and windows and their vendors.
- The ability to effectively work with a team.
- High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
- A valid driver’s license. (Drive trucks to installation sites).
- Basic knowledge of math including adding, subtracting, multiplication, division and fractions.
- Ability to lift between 25 to 75 pounds, or more on a regular basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Require a minimum of 1 year experience in the glass and glazing industry. Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in construction, including the ability to operate standard mechanical and non-power tools and the ability to correctly read a tape measure.
- Boom lift and forklift certification required or company will sponsor the certification training.
- On-the-job, specialized vendor training is provided to all employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performing General Physical Activities – Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials which includes large sheets of glass and aluminum frames.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/or move up to 75 pounds or more.
- Must be comfortable working with heights from lifts, scaffolding and roof tops as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, including hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather and winter cold.
- Being exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects.
- When working on site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, and gloves, hearing protection, hard hats or safety vests, and safety harnesses.