|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Job Title: 2nd Shift Shredding Specialist
We are currently seeking a 2nd Shift Shredding Specialist that is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment. The Shredding Specialist maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Essentials and Responsibilities:
* Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
* Operates and maintains baling machinery at the branch.
* Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
* Performs shreddi ng operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
* Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
* Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
* Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards
* Ensures that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
* Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
* Maintains supplies for plant operations.
* Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it following the company’s policies and procedures at all times bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Commercial Driver’s License is preferred but not required
* One to two (1-2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
* Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver is preferred
* Basic Knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance
* Excellent physical ability; Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day
* Ability to withstand the physically demands of lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects
* Ability to withstand the physically strenuous demands of lifting up to 80 pounds.
* Ability to pull and push heavy equipment and objects (80 to 100 pounds).
* Ability to drive a motor vehicle throughout the day for business needs.
* Ability to sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
* Ability to walk in the course of business up to eight (8) hours per day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.