|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Title: Product Configuration Specialist
The Product Configuration Specialist will create and maintain high quality product configuration models and data. He/she will ensure all necessary data updates are completed to support ongoing manufacturing. The Product Configuration Specialist will also support the sales and accounting teams with reporting as needed. Great communications skills are needed to foster positive and productive interdepartmental relationships.
Essential functions and job duties:
- Loading and maintaining products, parts, descriptions, and pricing into the ERP system
- Troubleshooting issues within the ERP system
- Creating and maintaining bill-of-materials based on information provided by engineering
- Mapping model information between Inventor and the ERP system
- Supporting order entry and engineering needs
- Querying for data for reporting and quality control purposes
- Documenting modifications in form of Engineering Changes (ECs)
Skills / Competencies required:
- Collaboration: Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, and Watson personnel at all levels across the company. Contribute to team and company success. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of similar experience
“We are builders. We intend to live forever in this community. We create skilled jobs by designing and manufacturing distinctive products for discerning customers. We do this with care for humans and the earth that would make our parents and our children proud.” – Clif McKenzie, Watson CEO
Watson’s Guiding Principles:
- Built Here: All our products are manufactured at the Orchard, our 34-acre forested headquarters in the Pacific Northwest. This state-of-the-art facility converts regionally sourced raw materials to finished goods through advanced CNC machining processes and superior handcraft.
- Distinctive Product: Each of our product lines are engineered for unmatched simplicity, beauty and durability. Our design process revolves around users’ needs and sustainable manufacturing processes.
- Practical Environmentalism: We believe we should return this world in better condition than we found it. We adhere to the concept of Practical Environmentalism in which our aggressive pursuit to minimize impact on our planet is achieved within a disciplined structure of environmental and financial accountability.
- Passionate People: We believe in the dignity of the working woman and man. We foster this dignity by providing competitive compensation and benefits, sharing our profits and maintaining high expectations.
- Financial Stability: Maintaining a strong cash position and avoiding debt enables us to thrive in economic downturns and invest in cutting edge manufacturing techniques and responsible growth.