|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Job Title: CDL B Hazmat Driver **Sign on Bonus $2500**
We are currently seeking an CDL B Hazmat Driver (Environmental Specialist II) to segregate and pack hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste materials and commercial chemical products into approved containers and load into a 24 ft box truck. Utilization of a handheld device to capture and print manifests and labels. Drive a Commercial vehicle in accordance with DOT regulations and company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
* Labeling of containers, and completion of pre-printed manifests and workorders.
* Schedules shipments into or off site. Performs warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials.
* Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions and performing general housekeeping duties.
* Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
* Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment.
* Conducts lab pack operations. Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment. Performs various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to:
- Pre-trip inspections of vehicle
- Report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor immediately.
- Resolve over packing of leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Education equivalent College Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or other related field preferred or the equivalent in related work experience including two or more years of experience, preferably in the waste management industry, demonstrating sound knowledge in working with chemicals/chemical lab packing.
* May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
* Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory/DOT rules and regulations.
* Maintain high-end relationships with client(s) with positive, professional leadership skills a must. Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
* May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
* Demonstrates the ability to manage account(s) on a daily basis, as assigned.
* Completion of an accredited driving school, or previous Commercial Driving experience may be required if responsible for transporting waste. Previous route management experience a plus.
* Required to maintain current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
* May be required to possess CDL HAZMAT Endorsement if responsible for transporting waste.
* May be obtained post employment during probationary period.
* Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
* Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.