|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
The JSEG Group, visit https://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.huntsville.org/
General duties to this task are to analyze aerodynamic venting for a variety of compartments for space transportation vehicles. Candidate will select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity. Candidate will review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from the accomplishment of engineering tasks. Candidate will operate with general instructions. Selected portions of work will be reviewed in detail to measure the adequacy of approach, execution, and presentation.
Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
- A background in theoretical/computational analyses of fluid dynamics and aerodynamics of space transportation vehicles using state-of-the-art methodologies and tools is required.
- Experience using Computational Fluid Dynamics Codes is a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the customer and other participants are required.
- Participation is also required for aerothermal task team meetings, technical interchange meetings, and program reviews.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products is also required.
- Experience with MATLAB, C++, or other programming languages and pro-E is highly desirable.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review career opportunities and to submit your resume, visit www.Jacobs.com.
- Apply Now
- Jacobs Staff Jobs: Apply
Search Career Opportunities by:
- Keyword: ESSCA
- Location: Huntsville, AL
- Click on Search icon
- Review Career Opportunities
- Apply to Positions
To Save Search:
- Sign in or Create Profile (follow prompts)
- Save this Search (save up to 5 searches)
- Name the Search
To Set Up Alerts:
- Select My Jobpage
- My Account Options