|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Executive / Management
The Chief Revenue Officer is the pivotal leader of the Console division, setting the strategic direction and operating the business. The Chief Revenue Officer is responsible for all business unit activities that generate revenue and profitability, including business strategy, marketing, product management, sales, sales operations, and installation.
The Chief Revenue Officer reports to the President of Watson Furniture Group and serves as a member of the executive team.
Essential functions and job duties:
- Craft a clear and compelling business strategy: Codify a comprehensive written strategy that contemplates the marketplace and competitive dynamics, Watson’s unique strengths, and customer needs that will profitably grow revenue. Gain alignment on the strategic direction and ensure resources are in place to support key initiatives.
- Drive business results: Lead all facets of revenue generation from product management to marketing to client experience to sales. Constantly and proactively identify barriers and lead the development of solutions. Test, track, and evaluate results of key initiatives to determine ROI and prioritize resources for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate cross functionally: Partner with product engineering, operations, finance, and HR to ensure strong cross functional alignment and shared success. Lead efforts aimed at growing division revenue and enhancing profitability.
- Recruit, train, excite and retain a high performing organization: Provide daily leadership, decision making and development of all members of the organization. Drive results and build a positive culture.
- Serve as a member of the executive team: Share responsibility for organizational leadership, strategic planning and critical talent decisions for the company as a whole.
Skills / Competencies required:
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Managing Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant business and leadership experience (industry experience highly valuable)
- Proven track record of success in senior business and sales roles
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to interact successfully with existing and prospective clients at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and motivate a team of diverse professionals
- Strong creative and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate multi-source data and draw global trends
- Strategic agility and big idea thinking, combined with a willingness to dive in as needed to get the job done
- Proven ability to make fast decisions, independently, and with sound judgment
- Ability to travel 25% - 40% of time as required
“We are builders. We intend to live forever in this community. We create skilled jobs by designing and manufacturing distinctive products for discerning customers. We do this with care for humans and the earth that would make our parents and our children proud.” – Clif McKenzie, Watson CEO
Watson’s Guiding Principles:
- Built Here: All our products are manufactured at the Orchard, our 34 acre forested headquarters in the Pacific Northwest. This state-of-the-art facility converts regionally sourced raw materials to finished goods through advanced CNC machining processes and superior handcraft.
- Distinctive Product: Each of our product lines are engineered for unmatched simplicity, beauty and durability. Our design process revolves around users’ needs and sustainable manufacturing processes.
- Practical Environmentalism: We believe we should return this world in better condition than we found it. We adhere to the concept of Practical Environmentalism in which our aggressive pursuit to minimize impact on our planet is achieved within a disciplined structure of environmental and financial accountability.
- Passionate People: We believe in the dignity of the working woman and man. We foster this dignity by providing competitive compensation and benefits, sharing our profits and maintaining high expectations.
- Financial Stability: Maintaining a strong cash position and avoiding debt enables us to thrive in economic downturns and invest in cutting edge manufacturing techniques and responsible growth.
Watson is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Watson will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.