|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
2018-1929 – Civil Designer
Come and join our award-winning firm! At T.Y. Lin International, we value our employees and reward them for their excellence. We are currently seeking a Civil Designer to join our Rochester, New York office.
T.Y. Lin International is an engineering firm known for designing some of the most prestigious and well-recognized infrastructure projects in the world. Operating from offices throughout the United States and Asia, we are recognized as #24 of the Top 100 “Pure” Designers and #19 of the Top 50 Designers in International Markets from Engineering News-Record (ENR). At all levels in the company, our team is innovative, strategic, inquisitive and committed to excellence – and it shows in our work.
We measure success by the caliber of our people and the quality of our work. When you work for T.Y. Lin International, you’ll be involved in some of the world’s most technically challenging projects.
As we grow and expand our services, we’re looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Bring your talent, your skills, and your enthusiasm to a career at T.Y. Lin International as a Civil Designer.
Responsibilities include design, drafting and related duties of commercial and residential Site Development projects. Applicant shall be experienced in preparing CADD drawings (plans, layout and details) for assigned projects and willing to follow company standards and procedures. Applicant shall have experience in contributing to projects for the purpose of obtaining necessary Site Approvals with the municipality and regulatory agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs field investigations & survey verifications;
• Develops Concept Plans meeting the project objective;
• Prepares preliminary and final designs from field surveys;
• Prepares or assists with preparing Site Approval documents required for Site Plan approval from Planning Boards and\or Zoning Board of Appeals (Letter of Intent, Applications, Environmental Assessment Form);
• Prepares or assists with submitting and coordinating with local and regional approval agencies for water, sanitary and storm sewer approvals;
• Reviews bids, plans and designs submitted by subconsultants for completeness and conformance with applicable codes, firm policies and conditions of approval;
• Coordinates with client and\or project attorney throughout entire project
• Presents and\or assists at public presentations;
• Assists in the preparation of cost estimates and reviews project documents to assure value engineering
At least five years of experience preferred in engineering or architectural drafting. AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience required. Must possess excellent technical and people skills, along with a positive attitude. Excellent references required.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please apply via our website 2018-1929 – Civil Designer:
TYLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 855.892.3338.
You must complete the required application method to be considered. This information was accurate the day it was posted. The website updates as it receives information from employers and cannot guarantee that this position is still open or viewable from the employer’s website. If this position is not listed on the website, it is likely filled and or no longer open for applications.
Direct Link: https://careers-tylin.icims.com/jobs/1929/civil-designer/job?mode=view