|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Banking / Financial / Real Estate
Reporting to the Senior Vice President- Operations, directs and has immediate responsibility for the firm’s accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of its financial reports. Directs and has overall supervisory responsibility for accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, budgetary controls and travel functions of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates, with the Executive Vice President, individual offices’ annual budgets
- Appraises company’s financial position and issues monthly, quarterly and yearly financial and operating reports
- Presents financial information to senior management
- Analyzes the tax position throughout the year
- Interprets operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the firm and makes specific recommendations, which will result in operating efficiencies
- Directs the Accounting Department in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records
- Directs financial audits and provides recommendations for procedural improvements
- Interacts with outside public agencies in regard to project audits and company independent outside audits
- Responsible for compiling and filing of required externally reports, tax returns and compliance with associated regulations
- Assists Regional Managers/Division Managers with financial and other spreadsheet analysis
- Approves all agreements concerning financial obligations, such as contracts for major equipment, long term leases, IT assets and other actions requiring a commitment of financial resources
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervises one direct report and oversees five staff members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Collins’ policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, firing, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Experience working with Deltek preferred
- FAR (Federal Accounting Regulations) experience preferred
Whether you are sitting in an office, hanging from a bridge, or diving under a pier, your health and safety are our most important concerns. Collins has ongoing safety training programs, up-to-date safety standards, continued use of best practices, and open communication. We will provide the training, knowledge, and tools, but we need your commitment to learn, be proactive, and work safely.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Collins Engineers, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Collins Engineers, Inc. reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. All unsolicited resumes received are the property of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Please apply for this position online at www.collinsengr.com.
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.