|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2018|
Law / Legal Services
Shearwater Systems, LLC, is an emerging specialty consulting firm focused on providing innovative strategic planning, project development, and environmental services support to commercial, government, and non-profit clients with a strong focus in the renewable energy and natural resource management sector. We are an 8(a) Program Certified, Alaska Native Corporation, (ANC)-owned Small Disadvantaged Business. We are a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC and owned by the Village of Old Harbor, Kodiak Island, Alaska.
NIBIN Technicians assist in the entry of evidence, quality control, site management, data analysis, and summarizing reports through ATF’s National Integrated Ballistic Information Network (NIBIN) and the National Tracing Center (NTC). CGICs analyze crime gun intelligence for law enforcement agencies, but do not participate in criminal investigations. By utilizing crime gun intelligence, the CGIC assists in identifying armed violent criminals, members of violent gangs and criminal organizations who are involved in shootings, violent criminal activity, or firearms trafficking which ATF and/or its State, local, and tribal partners may investigate
The NIBIN Technician Level I is primarily to support services related to data entry into various formats and databases. This position requires the ability to apply experience and judgment in selecting procedures to be followed in searching, interpreting, selecting or coding items to be entered from a variety of document sources. Candidate must possess the skill and ability to analyze, summarize, report, and share information.
• Enter traces into e-Trace
• Enter data into spreadsheets
• Enter data and updating charts and reports
• Enter evidence into Integrated Ballistic Information Systems (IBIS)
• Perform image and correlation reviews
• Produce basic analytical products.
• Summarize information in writing.
• Establish rapport with others to accomplish objectives.
• Conduct entries and perform image and correlation reviews on NIBIN equipment after receiving training from ATF or other authorized trainer. If this task is required, the contractor must be able to successfully pass the competency testing for acquisitions and correlations review.
• Correctly identify and trace firearms through the ATF e-Trace system
• U.S. Citizen
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License
• B.S. Degree from accredited college or university preferred. Combination of formal education, work experience and on the job training will be considered.
• General experience with local, State, or Federal law enforcement is preferred, but not required.
• Must pass a pre-employment background ck which includes: credit criminal and DMV
• Must be clearable; able to successfully complete the ATF clearance process
• Must be willing to provide a DNA sample as part of employment screening
• Ability to work with and coordinate the efforts of local, State, and Federal law enforcement
• Ability to analyze, summarize, report, and share information.
• Working knowledge of Windows-based computer applications and software.
• Must successfully pass the competency testing for acquisitions and correlations review after being trained to perform image and correlation reviews on NIBIN equipment
• Occasional travel
“VEVRAA Federal Contractor”
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.