|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2018|
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for the expansion and improvement of the Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation (CDM) program with the adoption of tools
- Perform enterprise wide strategic systems planning, business information planning, and analysis
- Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodologies for problem solutions
- Perform process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools
- Apply reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
- Improve network and system security by maintaining a layered defense in depth architecture
- Manage the tools used to provide continuous monitoring of FISMA security control set (i.e., Tenable Security Center and FireEye/EnCase, CDM tools)
- Maintain enterprise-wide vulnerability and threat assessment tools to ensure that they are proficient at assessing the security posture of assets, to validate patch status on systems, support incident response, and to perform Internet and leak detection
- Ensure the trust zones between systems are enforced at the Trusted Internet Connection and data center
- Enable all current and future CDM tools as they become available
- Support the vulnerability, configuration management, and platform assessment infrastructure to validate the security posture of systems
- This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligation
- 3 years of experience with cyber security engineering, preferably in support of the Federal government
- Well-versed in supporting various vulnerability diagnostic tools for network scanning, web application scanning, and database scanning technologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- DoD 8570 Certification
- Experience with utilizing Splunk, McAfee, Tenable Security Center, RedHat, CyberArk, RSA Archer
- Familiar with federal security initiatives, e.g., FISMA, OMB memos, NIST Cyber Security Framework and DHS CDM
- One or more of the following certificates: CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
Position Type: Full Time/ Regular
Security Requirements: Public Trust
All candidates must be clearable.
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in public and private sector security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching and 100% vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Capital BikeShare Membership for DC Metro Area
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Defense Point Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. DPS gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.