|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Cyber SOC (Security Operations Center) Analyst for an opening in Newington, VA. Security analysts are needed to staff a 24x7x365 SOC.
- IDS monitoring and analysis, analyze network traffic, log analysis, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Create and track investigations to resolution.
- Compose security alert notifications.
- Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 years of SOC experience
- Experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC). Experience with AntiVirus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments along with experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Familiarity with various network and hostbased security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
- The following certifications are strongly desired:
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- or other GIAC certifications.
- Digital Media Analysis (DMA) and prior computer forensics experience strongly desired.
Job Location: Newington, VA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
All candidates must be clearable.
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in public and private sector security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching and 100% vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Capital BikeShare Membership for DC Metro Area
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Defense Point Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. DPS gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.