|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Job Title: Driver Helper
The Shred-it Assistant Customer Security Representative is responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients by aiding Customer Security Representatives II and Lead Customer Security Representatives in taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The integrity of every Customer Security Representative is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients. The Customer Security Representative is a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it.
The Assistant Customer Security Representative maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
CUSTOMER SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
* Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient man ner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
* Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
* Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
* Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
* Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
* Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
* Maintains a clean and safe working area, especially around the baling machine.
* Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
* Performs mandated daily safety and main tenance checks on truck and shredding equipment.
* Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
* Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
* Complete and maintain DOT logs when applicable.
* Understand and implement all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
* Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
* Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the b est interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
* Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
* Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
* Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
* Maintains cleanliness of truck interior and exterior.
* Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
* Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of one (1) year of route transportation experience is preferred.
* Basic knowledge of truck maintenance.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 57 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day.
* Communication Skills/ Oral Communication: Effectively expresses self in one-on-one and group situations and presentations.
* Listening: Demonstrates attentiveness and the ability to understand the oral communications of others through active listening skills.
* Personal Motivation/Impact: Maintain personal appearance and company vehicle in a professional manner.
* Create a good first impression.
* Initiative: Self-starter who exhibits initiative and internal motivation to achieve goals, including those beyond standard expectations.
* Independence: Must be able to work independently, think before acting and make sound judgments.
* Stress Management: Handle all situations (e.g., time pressure, deadlines, task difficulty, etc.) with dignity and poise.
* Integrity: Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms.
* Attention to Detail: Achieve tasks and objectives through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
* Self–Development :Attends all Shred-it training courses as required. Commits to ongoing personal development.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.