|Date Posted||February 14, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Charleston, SC, office for Collins Engineers, Inc. is seeking a dynamic engineer to be an integral part of the team and work under the guidance of the Project Manager and/or Resident Engineer. The successful candidate will have a background in structural engineering and have the opportunity to work on bridge inspections and preparing reports. There will also be opportunity for travel and field work up to 50% of the time.
Continuing development and participation with technical committees will be encouraged and supported. Reports to a Project Manager.
- Able to perform moderately difficult engineering computations and estimates in designing engineering projects
- Able to prepare complete engineering plans or reports
- Ability to be responsible for moderately difficult engineering projects in field or office in accordance with plans and specifications
- Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework
- Works closely with Project Manager to gain project management experience
- Instructs draftspersons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Keeps Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services
- Be active in technical societies such as ASCE
- Be available to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours
- Knows how to perform his/her duties safely
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year university
- Continuing education and a minimum of 4 years design and / or inspection experience
- Short-term field work assignments with some travel may be required
- Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T)
Whether you are sitting in an office, hanging from a bridge, or diving under a pier, your health and safety are our most important concerns. Collins has ongoing safety training programs, up-to-date safety standards, continued use of best practices, and open communication. We will provide the training, knowledge, and tools, but we need your commitment to learn, be proactive, and work safely.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Collins Engineers, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Collins Engineers, Inc. reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. All unsolicited resumes received are the property of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Please apply for this position online at www.collinsengr.com.
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.