|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Resident Engineer is responsible for assisting in the successful operations of the local office.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises engineering and construction inspection activities for a major projects.
- Ensures overall quality in the completed projects.
- Serves as the senior site representative for the inspection of contractor construction activities, payments, processing and negotiation of claims and change orders.
- Supervises a staff of construction management personnel consisting of engineers, inspectors, project control, office engineers, project administrators, and specialty sub-consultants.
- Leads progress meetings and interacts with client on a daily basis. Coordinates responses to RFI's and other technical issues with design engineers. Ability to interpret construction plans, specifications, and contracts.
- Be active in Technical societies such as; ACEC.
- Be available to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year university, plus appropriate continuing education.
- A minimum of 8 years of construction management experience.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite. Extensive use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required for this role.
- PE License.
Whether you are sitting in an office, hanging from a bridge, or diving under a pier, your health and safety are our most important concerns. Collins has ongoing safety training programs, up-to-date safety standards, continued use of best practices, and open communication. We will provide the training, knowledge, and tools, but we need your commitment to learn, be proactive, and work safely.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Collins Engineers, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Collins Engineers, Inc. reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. All unsolicited resumes received are the property of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Please apply for this position online at www.collinsengr.com.
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.