|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Engineer I is an integral part of the Construction Management team and will work under the guidance of the Project Manager and/or Resident Engineer. Responsibilities of the position are to perform inspection of construction activities, documentation of contract quantities, and quality assurance progress on highway and bridge projects.
- Responsible for monitoring contractor conformance to quality, performance, and specifications for assigned construction activities.
- Performs daily field inspections and maintains inspection records.
- Assists in the completion of reports.
- Keeps Resident Engineer informed of work load and any daily activities.
- Be able to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Knows how to perform his/her duties safely.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year university and 0-4 years of construction experience.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite. Extensive use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required for this role.
Whether you are sitting in an office, hanging from a bridge, or diving under a pier, your health and safety are our most important concerns. Collins has ongoing safety training programs, up-to-date safety standards, continued use of best practices, and open communication. We will provide the training, knowledge, and tools, but we need your commitment to learn, be proactive, and work safely.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Collins Engineers, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Collins Engineers, Inc. reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. All unsolicited resumes received are the property of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Please apply for this position online at www.collinsengr.com.
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.