|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Dedham, MA, office for Collins Engineers, Inc. is seeking a dynamic engineer to be an integral part of the team and work under the guidance of the Project Manager or Project Engineer. The successful candidate will have a background and interest in structural engineering and have the opportunity to work on several projects, including above water bridge inspections, sign inspections, and preparing reports. There will also be opportunity for travel and field work up to 70% of the time.
Continuing development and participation with technical committees will be encouraged and supported.
- Performs design and inspection/field work that does not require previous experience.
- Assists in the completions of reports.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Keeps Project Managers informed of work load and any changes to project scope or additional services.
- Instructs draftspersons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Be active in Technical societies.
- Be able to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Has some communication with clients.
- Knows how to perform his/her duties safely.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Junior or senior working towards a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college.
Whether you are sitting in an office, hanging from a bridge, or diving under a pier, your health and safety are our most important concerns. Collins has ongoing safety training programs, up-to-date safety standards, continued use of best practices, and open communication. We will provide the training, knowledge, and tools, but we need your commitment to learn, be proactive, and work safely.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Collins Engineers, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Collins Engineers, Inc. reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. All unsolicited resumes received are the property of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Please apply for this position online at www.collinsengr.com
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.