|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Food Services of America is the 6th largest broadline food service distributor in the nation. As a privately-held, family-owned broadline foodservice distributor, we serve customers throughout the mid-west, west and Alaska. Along with our sister companies in the SGA Family of Companies, we successfully serve the needs of our customers whether they be independent or a chain; public or private; national, regional or local.
Offering great pay, benefits and a $2500 sign on bonus.
Tuition reimbursements opportunity after 90 days for ASE certifications and after 1 year for College Tuition.
Work Hours: Swing and Grave yard
Position reports to: Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Job Description: Perform maintenance and repairs of trucks, trailers, refrigeration and support equipment to ensure equipment is ready and available for deliveries.
Identify repairs to be made to vehicles by visual inspection and by utilizing electronic troubleshooting
- Perform preventative maintenance, ie changing truck oil, gear lubes, rotate and replace tires, brake repair/replacement and clutch repair/replacement
- Rebuild/overhaul truck engines and transmissions in accordance with the engine overhaul manual to prevent breakdowns
- Repair driveline components by removing and replacing transmission clutch and rear drive units
- Respond to road calls to repair equipment that has become inoperable during product delivery to ensure timely deliveries and minimal downtime
- Perform trailer and interior work
- Perform refrigerator repair
- Document troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repair activities
- Communicate and coordinate tasks with Shop Lead Mechanic
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid CDL or obtain one within 180 days of hire date.
- Experience in trouble shooting and repairs of Power systems, Electrical, Brake, Suspension, Air systems, Drive trains, Clutches, Steering Assemblies, refrigeration systems and all other truck/trailer related components.
- 1 year of experience as an equipment mechanic, including maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulic systems & mobile refrigeration systems preferred
- Possess basic computer skills
- History of organizing and prioritizing work-flow
- Experience in fast-paced repair shop environment where multi-tasking is required
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings
- Provide own hand tools
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/smbtzrz6kc5wggyy