|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Clerical / Administrative
Job Title: Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Associate
Department: Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Reports to: Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Location: San Diego, CA
The Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Associate will be a highly motivated individual who will support the Investor Relations (IR) and Corporate Communications efforts of a growing biopharmaceutical company focused on rare diseases. This role provides a unique opportunity to work closely with the Vice President, IR/Corporate Communications and Associate Director of IR/Corporate Communications to assist in the development of communications and investor relations programs to clearly articulate the Company’s strategic objectives and achievements to its internal and external stakeholders. This position requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to explain complex topics in a clear, simple, and concise manner.
- Assist with internal/external communication channels (intranet, public website, social media) by:
- Researching, writing and proofreading content
- Handling front end production of intranet and public website
- Writing, designing, posting social media content
- Monitoring online reputation
- Monitor news sources for media related to Retrophin, rare diseases, biotech and financial markets
- Develop and maintain databases related to strategic communications (e.g.: news, financial markets, events, media, glossary of terms, etc.)
- Develop and maintain centralized content and image libraries
- Oversee press release distribution and prepare IR/communications reports
- Collect and review sell-side analyst reports and forecasts; compile sell-side consensus
- Assist with logistics for internal/external corporate events, media interviews and speaking engagements for executive team
- Coordinate with external vendors, including photographers, designers, printers and media to facilitate vendor contracts, POs, invoices and payments
- Other analytical projects, as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or a related field. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
- Two to five years of corporate communications, marketing/communications, or media relations experience.
- Intermediate to high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Calendar.
- Knowledge of publicly traded company regulatory and financial reporting practices.
- Healthcare or Life Sciences experience; biopharmaceutical and/or rare disease experience preferred.
- Knowledge of media resources – broadcasts, blogs, websites, apps, social media, print, etc.
- Understanding and experience with digital media and analytics (e.g.: WordPress; social media; Google analytics)
- Experience with social media management systems (e.g.: Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Solid interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and familiar with AP Style.
- Key organizational skills with ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external parties.
- Ability to multi-task, project manage and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong follow up skills required.
- Motivated team player, willing to learn new ideas and share knowledge and experience.
Retrophin, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer