|Date Posted||December 13, 2017|
Science / Tech / Engineering
Our client is currently seeking candidates for a Marine Electronic Technician position. This position offers the opportunity to work as a field engineer on board vessels; working on a wide range of marine equipment such as Radars, ECDIS, Autopilots, MF/HF/VHF radios, and satellite communication systems. If you are looking for a challenge, are a good problem solver, and like a variety of work, these positions offer a unique and fulfilling career opportunity.
- As a field service engineer you will be expected to work under limited supervision, have strong problem solving skills, interpret schematics, use manufacturer’s manual’s and use your knowledge of electronic circuit theory to install, repair and maintain marine electronic radio and navigation systems
- Inspect and test electronic equipment, components, and assemblies using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, and other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- Perform radio inspections according to IMO and Class authorities
- Adjust, align, replace, or repair electronic equipment, assemblies, and components following equipment manuals and schematics, using soldering tools and other hand and power tools
- Update/load manufacturer’s software
- Complete company required service report and documentation
- Be dependable/reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule including overtime
- Ideal candidates must have several years of experience as an E4/E5 acquired in the Navy, or equivalent qualification from the US Coast Guard or Marines.
- MET or ET from the Commercial or Offshore shipping sectors
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent education, training, and experience.
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application.
- Strong computer skills
- Valid FCC General License with Radar Endorsement is preferred
- GMDSS Radio Operator Maintainer License is preferred
- Be physically fit. Capable of lifting up to 50lbs, able to climb ladders and masts and capable of working at heights.
- Hold Valid Passport and Driver’s license.
- Authorized to work in the USA.