|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
Mechanical Project Manager | SYSTEMS WEST ENGINEERS | Springfield, Oregon
Seeking a Mechanical Project Manager to join our Mechanical Engineering team. Ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and performing the study, design, and/or construction administration of multi-disciplined engineering projects for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
This is a full time, exempt position. Competitive salary, DOE. Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan with contributions and company performance bonus.
To Apply: submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com or via ZipRecruiter. We promise a real human will review and respond to your resume and cover letter within 10 days of receiving your documents if you meet our minimum qualifications.
Ideal candidate will be able to complete the following tasks:
- Direct projects that may include master planning, existing facility evaluations, feasibility studies, design, cost estimating, and similar technical functions
- Identify design concepts and provide technical direction for the design of mechanical systems with a focus on energy efficiency and sustainability
- Prepare reports, plans, and specifications for assigned projects in compliance with applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and owner’s project requirements
- Provide construction administration services
- Support the development of company standards
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the technical and management aspects of projects
- Establish project budgets and schedule; monitor staff productivity
- Direct and coordinate project staff
- Provide oversight for construction administration and discipline coordination
- Manage project backlog forecast
- Review and approve client billings
CONTRACTING & MARKETING/CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- Prepare project fee proposals and negotiate fees with clients
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients
- Assist with proposal production
- At least 6 years of consulting mechanical engineering experience, or similar.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Professional registration in the state of Oregon
- Computer skills with management-level knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, the Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Effective organizational and written skills
- The ability to be a self-starter
- LEED accreditation is desirable
- Experience working with: A variety of facility types (e.g., K-12 schools, higher education, government office buildings, laboratories, medical facilities, data/communication centers, sports facilities, aquatic centers, central plants) **Previous work with Healthcare highly desirable**
- Design and implementation of sustainable construction practices
- Working with multi-discipline projects
- Management of a project team
Systems West Engineers is an established MEP consulting firm with over 30 years in business; ideally situated between the Pacific Ocean and Cascade Mountains. Our client-focused services, diverse and established client base, and small group of talented employees drive our continued company success.
Our employees are some of the hardest working, supportive, and skilled engineers, designers, technicians, and administration staff in our field. Collectively, we value transparency, creativity, and new challenges. We also value both professional and personal growth and seek continued work-life balance in our everyday practices.
Please visit www.systemswestengineers.com for a complete job description and to learn more about our firm.