|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Security Architect in Bethesda, MD.
- Enhance security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answer technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teach improved processes, mentor team members
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, research information security standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, study architecture/platform, identify integration issues; prepare cost estimates
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies
- Develop requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices
- Design public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software, adhering to industry standards
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment, direct equipment and software installation and calibration, prepare preventive and reactive measures
- Create, transmit, and maintain keys; provide technical support, complete documentation
- Verify security systems by developing and implementing test scripts
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures, conduct incident response analyses, develop and conducting training programs
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment, identify security gaps, evaluate and implementing enhancements
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards
- Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligation
- Must possess CCIE
- 5-7 years working as a as Network or Systems Engineer, with heavy emphasis on LAN/WAN/WLAN technology design, DNS and SSL Certificate, implementation, and monitoring
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business field or equivalent.
Job Location: Bethesda, MD
Position Type: Full Time/ Regular
Security Requirement: Public Trust
All candidates must be clearable.
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in public and private sector security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching and 100% vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Capital BikeShare Membership for DC Metro Area
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Defense Point Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. DPS gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.