|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2018|
Freelance / Contractor
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Security Assessor in Washington, D.C. with an active Secret level security clearance.
- Conduct verification and validation of security policy compliance based on NIST and Organizational defined policies
- Perform analysis of design specifications, design documentation, configuration practices and procedures, and operational practices and procedures
- Provide identification of noncompliance of security requirements and possible mitigations to requirements that are not in compliance
- Validate the security requirements of the information system
- Verify and validate that the system meets the security requirements
- Provide vulnerability assessment of the system, coordinates penetration testing, and provides a comprehensive verification and validation report (certification report) for the information system
- This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligations
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- 3 years of related experience
- Strong familiarity with National Institute of Technology (NIST) Information Security Documents
- Experience executing Step 4 (Security Assessment) of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience developing and promulgating Security Assessment Plans
- Experience interpreting and evaluating implementations of NIST 800-53 rev 4 security controls
- Documenting NIST 80053 security control compliance findings within Requirements Traceability Matrixes (RTMs) and Security Assessment Reports (SARs)
- Experience reviewing and interpreting Tenable Nessus Vulnerability and Compliance scans, WebInspect scans, and dbProtect scans
- Ability to execute Security Assessments and develop and deliver supporting documentation within aggressive timelines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Infrastructure, Virtualization, Web Tier, Application Tier and/or Database Tier and Operating System experience recommended
- Working knowledge of Ongoing Authorization with in the NIST Framework
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
Position Type: FullTime/ Regular
Security Requirement: Secret
All candidates must be clearable.
Defense Point Security is an IT Security Consulting firm specializing in government-focused security solutions. Our goal is to provide expert IT security services to our clients while cultivating information security knowledge among all employees for the advancement of cyber security. Defense Point Security offers a competitive employment package including medical, vision, and dental insurance (among others).
Defense Point Security offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by DPS for employee and eligible dependents
- Personal Accident Insurance paid by DPS
- Life Insurance paid by DPS
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance paid by DPS
- 401k Contribution Matching and 100% vested after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Assistance
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks a year (15 days)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for cell phone
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home internet
- Up to $200 every 2 years for a cell phone upgrade
- Capital BikeShare Membership for DC Metro Area
- Reimbursement for qualifying training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work Schedules
Defense Point Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. DPS gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.