|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations! To learn more about:
The JSEG Group, visit https://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.huntsville.org/
This opportunity will provide systems engineering, vehicle integration, and requirement verification and validation support to the Systems Requirements and Verification Branch/EV73 for the Space Launch Systems (SLS) Booster Element Office and the MSFC Systems Engineering and Integration Division (EV70).
The successful candidate will coordinate and interface with SLS Booster Element Chief Engineer (CE) and the Element Lead Systems Engineer (ELSE) for Booster as well as participate in reviews, meetings, working groups, task teams, and trade studies.
Systems engineering support that will be provided and performed includes the following:
- Provide Verification &Validation (V&V) planning, coordination and integration for booster, spacecraft, and integrated vehicle systems.
· Provide insight/oversight of Booster Element products and activities related to systems engineering, vehicle integration, systems integration, verification and validation (V&V), and other systems engineering functions throughout project life cycle (qualification, acceptance and certification) and represent the Booster Element in Level 2 Vehicle Systems Level V&V discussions.
· Develop approaches and methodologies for implementation of Booster V&V planning and other systems engineering topics including development and management of the associated detailed verification objectives through verification closure.
· Communicate issues, best practices, lessons-learned, and other technical positions related to systems engineering with associated recommendations during the design process.
· Support validation activities by developing and integrating the Booster Element pre- and post-flight validation requirements with the vehicle system and planned Integration, Test, Checkout, and Post-Flight Data analyses and reporting include the development and management of Post-Flight evaluation plans.
· Coordinate and integrate with requirements engineering, design integration, and other systems engineering functions as well as the Booster Element Office (BEO) to ensure adequacy of the V&V approach for development of successful compliance against requirements.
· Supply leadership and/or support for the development of key systems engineering products for Booster, in support of program/project milestones as well as support subsequent activities where these products are assessed and matured.
· Serve as a Change Package Engineer (CPE) on behalf of BEO by reviewing and assessing proposed Level 2 and Level 3 engineering changes to data such as verification compliance reporting, flight evaluation planning, off-nominal design verification and certification, and/or validation reporting. CPE responsibilities include providing a technical recommendation of the proposed change and its impact to the Booster and providing a short briefing to the Booster Element Boards as needed.
· Serve as the Risk Manager for the Booster Element by identifying, communicating, and documenting potential risks related to the products, processes, and interactions in the systems engineering process.
A BS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Propulsion, or a related engineering field or discipline from an ABET accredited institution. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a BS with at least 20 years of relevant experience in systems engineering and integration experience associated with launch vehicle functional design and integration.
- Must have experience with launch vehicle design integration and experience defining and documenting verification requirements as well as their subsequent compliance closure assessment.
· Must have knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning (qualification and acceptance) and have experience working with and presenting to test and verification boards.
· Experience with validation planning, supported by ground and flight activities and instrumentation, is expected.
· Knowledge of NASA Systems Engineering policies and procedures related to verification is highly desired.
· Experience using systems engineering tools and processes for the management of verification compliance data, requirement traceability, and verification closures is highly desired.
· Familiarity employing systems engineering processes and concepts for the definition and integration of requirements as well as adhering to Configuration Management (CM) processes used for the control of requirement data/documents is expected.
· Understanding and knowledge of the current SLS Program and Booster Element plans and strategy is strongly desired. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and/or experience with solid propulsion systems.
· Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation, and presentation skills are required.
· Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) are required.
Personnel are required to be self-motivated, effective team players familiar with working in a dynamic work environment who are willing to assume a leadership role in this SLS verification, validation, and test planning effort.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review career opportunities and to submit your resume, visit www.Jacobs.com.
- Apply Now
- Jacobs Staff Jobs: Apply
Search Career Opportunities by:
- Keyword: ESSCA
- Location: Huntsville, AL
- Click on Search icon
- Review Career Opportunities
- Apply to Positions
To Save Search:
- Sign in or Create Profile (follow prompts)
- Save this Search (save up to 5 searches)
- Name the Search
To Set Up Alerts:
- Select My Jobpage
- My Account Options