|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Location: North Reading, MA
Employment Type: Full Time Union
Work Hours: 2nd Shift
Requisition Number: 18-0065
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced CSA Lube Field Service Technician. Technicians are responsible for performing preventive maintenance and machine inspections for customer and/or rental fleet equipment. Depending on the location and assignment, the Technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required.
- Second shift Monday - Friday from 2:00pm-10:30pm.
- Perform complete oil, filter and lubrication services including checking and filling fluid levels to O.E.M. specifications and refueling as requested and supplied by customer.
- Follow all documented CSA processes and guidelines.
- Maintain lube records for all work performed.
- Ability to read Scheduled Oil Samples (SOS) reports and analysis.
- Provide service reports, oil samples, and inspection paperwork to customer as work is performed.
- Inspect equipment for external signs of potential component failure.
- Inspect safety devices and report inoperable conditions.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Maintain service readiness of field lube truck including customer service fluid supplies.
- Knowledgeable in the proper startup and shutdown procedures of CAT equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- One year experience servicing heavy equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of safely operating heavy construction equipment.
- Basic heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in the field without supervision.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Able to perform machine inspections.
- Ability to operate a service vehicle.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.