|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Employment Type: Full Time Union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 18-0064
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Electrical Power Generation (EPG) Service Technician. EPG Technicians are responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of customer and company engines and power generation equipment and components. Depending on the location and assignment, the technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of engine and electrical related system transfer switches, UPS and switchgear systems. Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts.
- Interpret technical drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Diagnose the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order.
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components.
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components.
- Prepares, inspects and operates machines prior to delivery.
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Mastery level CAT Electrical Power products and in-depth skills of low and high voltage electrical, electronic systems and components and CAT switchgear.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong math skills.
- Able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in the field without supervision.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have a safe working record.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Associates degree in a related field.
- 3 years’ experience as an EPG technician.
- 5 years’ electrical power generation/electronics experience with a minimum of three years’ experience on CAT diesel and natural gas engines and/or like competitive equipment including high voltage up to 480 volts.
- Experience with CAT Electronic Technician and SIS programs.
- CDL license.
- May be required to complete DOT license.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Apply Online – https://re22.ultipro.com/SOU1021/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*7C1803BB12EBA75A
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.