|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
The JSEG Group, visit https://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.huntsville.org/
The key purpose of the position is to plan and perform software development and integration activities in support of the Systems Integration and Test Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) Hardware-in-the-Loop facility (HWIL), and three Software Development Facilities (SDFs) that will be used to verify the integrated avionics system for the Space Launch System (SLS) at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
- Responsibilities:The Senior Software Development Engineer participates in implementing and maintaining laboratory automation software that controls real-time HWIL simulation systems used to support the NASA Space Launch System program at MSFC. The incumbent collects, interprets and documents system requirements; participates in component, subsystem and system concept designs; develops and recommends methods, tools and designs and participates as a member of a multi- functional laboratory automation development team.- Perform software systems engineering functions as required.
- Analyze and develop software per customer requirements.
- Implement source code per detailed designs.
- Support software integration troubleshooting and bug-fix activities.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- Enter or update documentation into appropriate control systems.
- Troubleshoot and correct test automation anomalies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet performance goals.
- Produce documentation and user training materials to assist user’s in the operation of software.
These activities will be on-going as the launch vehicle architecture matures and the SLS program completes program phases, reviews and schedule milestones.
Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a minimum of a Masters with at least 3 years of experience, or BS with at least 5 years of experience. Minimum 3 years of experience in developing software in the Python scripting language.
- Experience in:
- Developing user interfaces for automated test control and data display in support of formal avionics HWIL
- Test activities is desirable.
- Configuration management of distributed computing platforms used during formal avionics HWIL test activities is desirable.
- Network communications with TCP and UDP is desirable.
- Distributed and clustered file systems with mixed Windows and Linux operating systems is desirable.
- Systems engineering experience in disciplines such as hardware and software integration, requirements development, verification and validation, and testing is desirable.
- Proficient in tools/languages such as: Python, Qt, Twisted Network Framework, Windows 7, Linux Fedora Core.
- Exposure to tools/languages/standards such as: XML, C/C++, Thrift, Stomp, Java, Git, SVN, Trac, Review Board, and Linux batch scripting.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review career opportunities and to submit your resume, visit www.Jacobs.com.
- Apply Now
- Jacobs Staff Jobs: Apply
Search Career Opportunities by:
- Keyword: ESSCA
- Location: Huntsville, AL
- Click on Search icon
- Review Career Opportunities
- Apply to Positions
To Save Search:
- Sign in or Create Profile (follow prompts)
- Save this Search (save up to 5 searches)
- Name the Search
To Set Up Alerts:
- Select My Jobpage
- My Account Options