|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Science / Tech / Engineering
The Team Leader is responsible for leading inspection teams and assisting in the successful completion of inspection and design projects. This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises above water and underwater bridge and ancillary design, inspection and evaluations
- Reviews, analyzes and provides recommendations on field and/or design issues or adaptations
- Assists in proposal preparation
- Prepares and monitors project budgets
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects
- Responsible for moderately difficult engineering projects in field or office in accordance with plans and specifications
- Performs moderately difficult engineering computations and estimates in designing engineering projects
- Prepares complete engineering plans or reports
- Directs and supervises the work of entry-level engineers, technicians, drafters and administrative staff
- Coaches field staff on the purpose and processes of inspections and inspection techniques
- Makes independent decisions within a general framework
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Is active in technical societies
- Is available to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours
- Actively observes and acts in an appropriate manner related to safety
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year university or NICET certification
- Minimum of five (5) years of bridge or ancillary structure inspection experience
- Successful completion of NHI Course #130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- Prior experience in the design and/or construction of bridges preferred
- Prior experience on VDOT and/or a Federal bridge inspection projects preferred
- Must be familiar with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS)
Whether you are sitting in an office, hanging from a bridge, or diving under a pier, your health and safety are our most important concerns. Collins has ongoing safety training programs, up-to-date safety standards, continued use of best practices, and open communication. We will provide the training, knowledge, and tools, but we need your commitment to learn, be proactive, and work safely.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Collins Engineers, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Collins Engineers, Inc. reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. All unsolicited resumes received are the property of Collins Engineers, Inc.
Please apply for this position online at www.collinsengr.com.
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.